Category Manager Soft Goods (m/f/d)
Germany, Berlin, BerlinCategory Management & Product Development
The KW-Commerce Group is a Berlin headquartered, international E-Commerce company with subsidiaries in Hong Kong and China. Our product range includes about 23,000 items and spans from electronics accessories to home & living products. With down-to-earth commitment and strong team spirit more than 420 employees continuously work towards long-term success of the company: building the leading global marketplace seller.
KW-Commerce is looking for an experienced Category Manager (m/f/d) to join our growing Soft Goods Category Management team. Reporting to the Head of the Soft Goods Business Unit, the Category Manager will have oversight for the respective categories and will be responsible for developing, managing, and implementing strategic expansion of the assortment and category management practices that will deliver the best value outcome for the company. This role will be based in Berlin and will interface regularly with cross-functional international teams (Merchandising, Content Creation, Graphics, Quality Management, Marketing, and Logistics) to manage the daily business needs, address challenges and identify new opportunities.
- Own P&L for your categories: set up forecasts, monitor and control your KPIs, analyze potential deviation, and execute appropriate measures from your analysis
- Achieve revenue growth and profitability goals: strategically plan, optimize and expand a market-oriented assortment through continuous product range analysis, establishing and maintaining pricing principles, and monitoring sales results
- Create ongoing new product pipeline: conduct market, customer, competition, and range analysis to ensure market-relevant and commercially successful products
- Be a close interface with key stakeholders to execute go-to-market plans including new product launches, top-level content for the listings, advertising creative, ensuring the availability of products, etc.
- Participate in the Business Unit development by proactively seeking continuous improvements of processes, tools, and systems and share best practices
You unite analytical skills and a solution-focused attitude. If you enjoy taking ownership and have the following qualifications, we should talk:
- At least 2 years of professional experience in Product Management, Category Management, Purchasing or Business Development (ideally in an E-Commerce environment)
- Prior career experience in soft furnishings, home textiles is a plus
- Successfully completed business or technical degree
- Fluency in English (C1 level), German is a plus
- Willingness to travel (long-haul, 2-3 times per year for 2 - 3 weeks)
KW-Commerce is an e-commerce profitable grown-up that has been bootstrapped since the start. Our company operates with a clear vision: we are building the leading global marketplace seller. You will work with a great deal of personal responsibility in a young, award-winning company that promotes and demands participation and commitment.
Could it get any better? It can. What else to expect:
- Remote friendly environment
- Flexible and family-friendly working hours
- Always supportive team
- Modern workplace at our HQ in central Berlin with a great public transport connection
- Regular and instant feedback as well as transparent corporate communication, allowing you to move forward quickly with your ideas
- Various options for professional and personal growth & development, along with a membership at Urban Sports Club
- Fresh fruit and free drinks
- Employee discounts for our products
- Company events on a regular basis (once Covid-19 restrictions are lifted)
You can find more information about us here: https://www.kw-commerce.de/en/teamlife-en/